Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Scenario Maker crashing

Tainster

Does anyone know why Scenario Maker crashes when trying to import a force into a new scenario. The bizarre thing is that the exported force will import into the same scenario that it was exported from.

Does anyone know why Scenario Maker crashes when trying to import a force into a new scenario. The bizarre thing is that the exported force will import into the same scenario that it was exported from.
Is it a force from one of the commercial games?

As I recall, there was some prohibition built into the commercial games to keep their proprietary content from being put into a user scenario.

Don't recall if it was put on a force.

Last edited:

Tainster

Is it a force from one of the commercial games?

As I recall, there was some prohibition built into the commercial games to keep their proprietary content from being put into a user scenario.

Don't recall if it was put on a force.

Hi. I was exporting part of a force from a scenario created by a specific individual and it was this that failed to import. Following your comment I exported a force from a scenario created by Panther and and a force created by another user and both imported seamlessly. Even thoughI have solved my problem, do you know why it might have occurred?

Hi. I was exporting part of a force from a scenario created by a specific individual and it was this that failed to import. Following your comment I exported a force from a scenario created by Panther and and a force created by another user and both imported seamlessly. Even thoughI have solved my problem, do you know why it might have occurred?
My guess is the user developed a custom Estab which didn't match up with the Estab used in your scenario.

Another problem I've encountered with Estabs is when the Estab Image file doesn't match up with the Estab, but I don't know if that affects force export / import.

I don't have access to the documentation to check, but the Scenemaker manual defines those elements of the force that are moved from one scenario to another. If images are exported, it may point to that Estab disconnect as well.

Tainster

Hi, it was only part of the estab file that I exported and it was only this that I had a problem with. I usually start off with my personal "base" estab and alter it to suit, but in this instance I used an original panther estab as my starting point. Some of the images were missing or the references were broken and I had to find and insert new images. Anyway, it seems to be working fine.

Hi, it was only part of the estab file that I exported and it was only this that I had a problem with. I usually start off with my personal "base" estab and alter it to suit, but in this instance I used an original panther estab as my starting point. Some of the images were missing or the references were broken and I had to find and insert new images. Anyway, it seems to be working fine.
Good to hear the problem is solved.

See Command Ops Dev for new location of the forum.
I've moved over there and won't be checking this one anymore because it's going to be archived.

Tainster

Where is Command Ops Dev? These are the only CO2 forums that I can see.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-08 103748.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-08 103748.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 1

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Hey @Tainster please check here the new Discord server for CmdOps2
I'm pretty sure we'll be able to help you there as long as you're willing to provide me that force list and estab of yours to check.

GoodGuy

Hey @Tainster please check here the new Discord server for CmdOps2
I'm pretty sure we'll be able to help you there as long as you're willing to provide me that force list and estab of yours to check.
Hi, that invite expired. Is that a public discord server?